Although video poker is a slot machine, this game has its own winning odds and unique in-game rules. Regular slot machines have very low winning odds and you have no control over the game. This is offset by huge wins, so players keep spinning reels. When it comes to how to win at video poker, some of the types such as Jacks or Better have up to 99.5% RTP and the highest winning odds in online casinos. This can be used to constantly win and get profit.
To learn how to win at video poker machines, let’s start with the basics of the game. You select the game, the size of the bet and press the “Spin” button, after which 5 cards from the deck appear on the screen. You can choose which cards to exchange and which ones to keep. After you have received new cards, the game counts each of your winning combos and you receive a payout. Video poker combos are identical to those in Texas Hold’em, so if you’ve played before, you won’t have any problems with the rules.
How to hit the biggest win in video poker?
If you are only looking for giant wins, then you should take the time to choose a game. All video poker types differ in payouts and RTPs, but you are interested in those with bonus payments and a cumulative jackpot. Guide to gamble real money and how to win at video poker big jackpots:
- Max rate. In any casino game, your winnings depend on your bet, and this is the basis of the how to win at video poker guide. If you hit x5 combo, you will win 5 of your bets. Imagine winning at video poker a royal flush with a $0.5 bet and a x4,000 payout.
- Progressive jackpot. This bonus feature is very popular in slot machines. With each subsequent spin, your jackpot will increase. And the longer you play, the higher the chance of hitting a juicy amount.
- Bonus Poker and Double Bonus Poker. These are two types of video poker with increased payouts for certain combos. If you hit 4 of a kind, you get a lot more than in any other game.
By following these rules and choosing the right games, you can learn how to play video poker and win and maximize your chances of huge winnings.
Winning strategy for Jack or Better
Jacks or Better is the most popular choice for those looking for winning at video poker. This game does not have any bonuses like Wilds, Jokers or increased payouts. However, Jacks or Better has the highest RTP among video poker games – 99.54%. A few simple rules for those who want to know how to win at video poker:
- Choose a casino with a good paytable. Only 9/6 Jacks or Better have a 99.54% payout, 9 is a full house payout and 6 is a flush payout. If you start playing 6/5 Jacks or Better, your RTP will be 95%.
- Prefer a low pair over a high card.
- Shuffle all 5 cards if you do not have a pair of Jacks or better.
- If there is one pair, then keep it and shuffle the other 3 cards.
- Give up a pair of Jacks or two pairs only if you are 1 card away from a straight flush or royal flush.
As you can see, it is easy to learn how to win at video poker. Choose a good casino, memorize combos and play following this guide to win.